Onra - Chinoiseries (2007)




Words directly from the artist:
I started this project in August 2006, when I got back from a trip to Viet Nam, the land of my grandparents. As a vinyl junky, I really couldn't come back to France without bringing back some wax. After hours spent riding on a motorbike in Saigon streets, a taxi finally helped me find some old Asian records. I was feeling like an explorer discovering a forgotten treasure. I bought almost 30 vinyls, most of them in poor condition, went back to the crib, and started making beats with some material that I wasn't used to.

My thoughts:
Great production here, straight with a Vietnam theme! Gotta love that PHO!

Tracklist:
01. Introduction
02. The Anthem
03. Chop Your Hands
04. Relax In Mui Ne
05. Naughty Hottie (Interlude)
06. Eat Dog
07. Last Tango In Saigon
08. Apocalypse Now
09. I Wanna Go Back
10. Full Back Pack
11. War
12. Lesson With The Master
13. Dark Sea
14. Phuoc Dat (Interlude)
15. Boudless Boundaries
16. What Up Duyet
17. Welcome To V.N.
18. Here Come The Flutes
19. The Vallee Of Love
20. Smoking Buddha
21. Clap Clap
22. Bounce (Interlude)
23. Live From Hue
24. Where's My Longan
25. Take A Ride
26. Raw
27. The Ritual
28. Cymbal Oelek
29. Third Sword (Interlude)
30. One Day
31. They Got Breaks Too
32. Hope

Track(s) below:

0 comments:

Word of Advice

We don't upload any of the links in this blog because, their are too many floating around anyway, and it's a waste of time. Some do it for points, while some do it for money. Well we don't do it that way here, as long as we can share and let you know what's cracking with those albums we're happy. These guys don't get a lot of exposure, and for damn sure some of them will never graze the mainstream air wave. By the way not sure if anyone actually read this stuff, but if you made it this far, The Beat Dangler thanks you.

Archive

Hit Points